WHAT: About Money Smart Week
Created by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in 2002, Money Smart Week® is a public awareness campaign designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances. This is achieved through the collaboration and coordinated effort of hundreds of organizations across the country. Programming is offered to all demographics and income levels and covers all facets of personal finance.
WHEN: Saturday, April 23 – Saturday, April 30, 2016
WHERE: SEAWAY BANK AND TRUST COMPANY – 645 EAST 87TH STREET, CHICAGO, IL 60619
WHO: Brendan Vigorito, Money Management International
CE Cole Dillion, Student Loan 411, LLC
Veranda Dickens, Chairman, Seaway Bank and Trust
WHY: Seaway Bank is happy to partner with other financial institutions across Chicago to share resources and ideas on how to achieve a greater public awareness of financial services available to our customers and people from the broader community. Seaway will host daily activities that focus on topics ranging from information on Land Trusts to Home Ownership. A full detailed list of the workshops and times are attached.
· Monday, April 25, 6 – 7 PM: 5 Reasons Why You Should Consider a Land Trust
· Tuesday, April 26, 6 -7 PM: Tips for Retirement & Estate Planning
· Wednesday, April 27, 6 – 7 PM: Understanding Money & Credit
· Thursday, April 28, 6 – 7 PM: Student Loans 101
· Friday, April 29, ALL DAY: Teach Children to Save Day
· Saturday, April 29, 10 AM – Noon: Home Buyers Workshop
CONTACT: Desiree Tate, 312/873-0622, firstname.lastname@example.org