Indiana Department of Transportation contractor RAM Construction Services will be conducting high friction surface treatment on seven off-ramps along I-94 and I-65 beginning on or after Monday, September 25.
This treatment is to decrease road slippage for motorists exiting the interstate. Each ramp is expected to close for 3-5 days while the treatment is applied and will reopen as soon as the material has cured.
This work is extremely weather dependent so the schedule is likely to change over the course of the project. Motorists are encouraged to watch for signage in the area of these ramps or check 511in.org for updated information.
While subject to change, the schedule is currently as follows:
- Eastbound I-94 to northbound U.S. 41/Calumet Ave to close on/after Monday, September 25
- Eastbound I-94 to northbound Burr St to close on/after Wednesday, September 27
- Eastbound I-94 to northbound S.R. 152/Indianapolis Blvd to close on/after Friday, September 29
- Southbound I-65 to Ridge Rd to close on/after Monday, October 2
- Eastbound I-94 to northbound Kennedy Ave to close on/after Wednesday, October 4
- Eastbound I-94 to southbound Calumet Ave to close on/after Tuesday, October 10
- Southbound I-65 to U.S. 231 (expected to be completed during current closure)
Motorists in Northwest Indiana can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts any time via:
- Facebook: facebook.com/INDOTNorthwest
- Twitter: @INDOTNorthwest
- TrafficWise: 511in.org
- Mobile App: iTunes App Store and the Google Play Store for Android
About the Indiana Department of Transportation
INDOT continues to solidify the Hoosier State as the Crossroads of America through delivery of Gov. Eric J. Holcomb’s $60 billion Next Level Roads plan. With six district offices and 3,500 employees, the agency is charged with constructing and maintaining more than 29,000 lane miles of highways, more than 5,700 bridges, and supporting 4,500 rail miles and 127 aviation facilities across the state. For the seventh consecutive year, Indiana has placed within the top five in the nation for infrastructure in CNBC’s “America’s Top States for Business” rankings. Learn more about INDOT at in.gov/indot.