While taking CTA to get to Chicago’s various “Turkey Day” festivities, don’t forget to board our beloved Holiday Train and Bus! The brightly lit, fully decorated vehicles are back this year, allowing passengers to board – while wearing masks and social distancing, of course! Schedule information and additional details can be found here.
Even better, CTA riders can spend even less by taking advantage of the agency’s now permanent discounton three of its most popular unlimited ride passes:
- 1-day/24-hour pass: $5 (down from $10)
- 3-day/72-hour pass: $15 (down from $20)
- 7-day pass: $20 (down from $28)
Thanksgiving Holiday Service
Leave the hassles of traffic and parking behind this Thanksgiving and let CTA take you to either the O’Hare International Airport via the Blue Line (approx. 40 minutes from Clark/Lake) or to Midway International Airport viathe Orange Line (approx. 30 minutes from the Loop).
- 11/25 (Thanksgiving Day) – Sunday/holiday bus and rail schedule
Full travel details are available at transitchicago.com/alerts. CTA recommends allowing plenty of travel time and purchasing fares and unlimited ride passes ahead of time.
Extra Service for Upcoming Events United Center
- Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks – Fri. 11/26 at 2:30 p.m.
- Miami Heat Chicago Bulls – Sat. 11/27 at 7 p.m.
- San Jose Sharks Chicago Blackhawks – Sun. 11/28 at 6 p.m.
- Charlotte Hornets vs. Chicago Bulls – 11/29 at 7 p.m.
Know before you go!
Masks are required on CTA: Per federal mandate, masks or face coverings are required on all CTA properties — even if you are vaccinated. Free masks are available on every bus and at every rail station.
More information about CTA’s efforts to provide the safest and healthiest transit experience can be found attransitchicago.com/ready.
Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts.For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.