The SouthWest Suburban Home Builders Association (SSHBA) is back to show area home buyers in the south and southwest suburbs the best their market has to offer.
After the success of last year’s inaugural Tour of Homes, the
SSHBA returns better than ever with another set of homes. Seventeen builders are ready to show off their craftsmanship of 22 model homes on two different weekends this September.
The first set of tours will be held September 15-16 from noon until 5 p.m. and will feature homes in 12 desirable south and southwest suburban communities. The second set of tours will run from September 22 to 23, also from noon until 5 p.m. Admission is free for both weekends.
Moving is a major life step, and SSHBA is hoping to help you take that step by highlighting homes ranging in size from 1,700 square feet to 6,800 square feet and that offer a variety of custom-made features to fit any family’s needs. Homes range in price with townhomes starting at $269,000. The most expensive home on the market is a 6,800-square-foot home for $1.5 million.
“These are family-friendly towns that we’re promoting with good school districts, and they give that city life without the city,” said Shannon Rocha, executive officer for the SSHBA.
Rocha urges potential home buyers to think of new construction as an option, and the 2018 Tour of Homes is the perfect setting to explore that option with professional builders talking about their histories and specialities during the tour.
The 2018 Tour of Homes builders include:
- Castletown Homes – 14253 Lacey Drive and 12123 Fairmont Lane, Lemont
- T.J. Cachey Builders Inc. – 2130 Highview Drive, New Lenox; 25532 Riley Erin Road, Manhattan
- Flaherty Builders Inc. – 1886 May’s Drive, New Lenox; 11100 Deer Haven Lane, Orland Park
- Brian Wille Construction – 15810 Mueller Way, New Lenox
- M.C. Custom Homes Inc. – 16735 W. Deerwood Drive, Lockport
- McNaughton Development – 11520 Jackson St., Burr Ridge; 8390 Waterview Court, Burr Ridge
- Coyle Construction Company – 1036 Ashland Ave., LaGrange
- Beechen & Dill Homes, Inc. – 10022 Franchesca Lane, Orland Park
- Gardner Leach Homes – 27232 W. Deer Hollow Lane, Channahon
- A & J Construction – 15338 Oak Run Ct., Lockport
- Pearl Builders – 17900 Oak Park Ave., Tinley Park
- Riverview Builders – 16936 Lilac Lane, Lockport
- Murray Millwork – 2325 Trillium Lane, Naperville
- O’Malley Builders – 20491 Abbey Dr., Frankfort
- J. Michael Builders – 25832 W. Canyon Blvd., Plainfield
- 5th Avenue Construction, Inc. – 12878 Collina Lane, Lemont; 13030 Dunmoor Drive, Lemont
- Putnam Builders, Inc. – 22358 Majestic Lane, Frankfort
With a clearly defined tour route and a pocket-sized map, buyers can explore the tour simply. The route was designed for ease of navigation and allows buyers to view multiple homes, by multiple builders, over the course of a weekend.
“The idea is we want to make it easy to get to,” Rocha said. “Whenever you’re on a tour it kind of makes it fun. You’re seeing more than one. You’re going, you’re taking a look and you’re seeing what’s available.”
Flags with the SSHBA logo will be placed outside subdivisions and homes included in the tour to help tourgoers. Raffle prizes will also be offered at each location visited by tour guests.
“We’re hoping to get the SSHBA name out there, since there is not licensing in Illinois,” Rocha said. “Builders do not have to have licenses, so by being a member of the SSHBA they are receiving education and we want [home buyers] to see how our builders are set apart from a builder that is not a member with us.”