Listen. God is speaking. Where are you being called?
The Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, want to guide you toward deeper contemplative listening during a free weekend retreat on Nov. 18-20, 2016.
The retreat is for single, Catholic women ages 18-42 and will take place at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, located 10 minutes northwest of Terre Haute, Indiana.
During the retreat, participants can:
- Explore where God is calling you,
- Learn to listen more deeply to the voice of God,
- Get an inside look at life as a Sister of Providence,
- Ask any questions you have about vocation,
- Meet the newest Sisters of Providence and have a chance to ask questions about their lives,
- Discern what God is calling you to next in your life, and
- Get to know Saint Mother Theodore Guerin – the first saint in Indiana and the 8th declared saint in the United States.
Saint Mother Theodore Guerin founded the Sisters of Providence in 1840 and continues to be a wonderful role model of faith and strength.
It will also allow time for people to immerse themselves in the beauty of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods.
“The beautiful grounds of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods provide a peaceful atmosphere that will allow you to enter into solitude to pray more deeply, listen more attentively, and respond more fully to God’s movement within,” Sister Editha Ben said.
During the retreat, the Sisters of Providence will also share a glimpse of their life with attendees.
There is no cost to attend the retreat. Housing and meals will be provided.
To attend the retreat register online at ListeningRetreat.SistersofProvidence.org or contact Sister Editha at 812-230-4771 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.