In Indiana, 33,707 people signed up for coverage in the first month with only two weeks remaining before the December 15 deadline
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced recently that over 2.1 million people selected plans using the HealthCare.gov platform since Open Enrollment began on November 1, including 33,707 in Indiana. This includes both new consumers and consumers renewing their coverage on Healthcare.gov
“With plans available for less than $75 per month in premiums, 2.1 million Americans, including 33,707 in Indiana, have already selected coverage through HealthCare.gov, more than had signed up at this time last year,” said Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell. “I hear from people across the country just how much coverage matters to them, so I continue to encourage all Hoosiers who need health insurance for 2017 to visit HealthCare.gov and check out their options. Consumers should be sure to enroll by December 15th for coverage that starts January 1st.”
Because this year’s Open Enrollment began mid-week, today’s snapshot covers two fewer days than last week’s Week 4 snapshot. Nonetheless, plan selections in Indiana are higher than last year at this time.
Consumers should visit HealthCare.gov or CuidadodeSalud.gov to review their coverage options, learn about what financial assistance is available, or to sign up or re-enroll in a plan that best meets their needs.
Five Facts about Open Enrollment in Indiana:
- Since Open Enrollment began on Nov. 1, 33,707 Indiana consumers have selected a plan using the HealthCare.gov platform.
- Coverage could be more affordable than you think. 48 percent of Indiana Marketplace enrollees can find plans with a premium for less than $75 per month. Nationwide, about 8 out of 10 people who enroll in health coverage through HealthCare.gov qualify for financial help to make their monthly premiums more affordable.
- Shopping for a better deal could save you money. For 2017, HealthCare.gov consumers in Indiana could save an average of $1,433 annually in premiums for a plan in the same level of coverage by returning to shop. If you had coverage through HealthCare.gov for 2016, you should come back to update your information and compare your options for 2017.
- It’s easier than ever to find a plan that meets your needs and budget. This year, when consumers come to HealthCare.gov, shoppers will find a stream-lined, user-friendly process. Comparing plans online or on mobile will be an intuitive, step-by-step process to click or swipe through. Simple, easy-to-understand presentation of plan features like cost-sharing and provider networks will help consumers find what works for them.
- Help is available. Free, confidential help can be found in person or by phone.
Call 1-800-318-2596 for confidential assistance 24/7, in English or Spanish.
Free in-person help is also available in your community, visit https://localhelp.healthcare.gov/ to find a listing of enrollment centers and events in Indiana.