The 2016 Gary Air Show presented by Majestic Casino will be headlined by the U.S. Navy Blue Angels and will feature performances from the U.S. Army Golden Knights, pilot and wingwalker sensations Dave Dacy and Tony Kazian, and the internationally acclaimed aerobatics Firebirds Xtreme, among many others. The Air Show will run July 9-10 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. each day in beautiful Marquette Park, 1 North Grand Boulevard.
The current lineup follows:
- S. Navy Blue Angels: The United States Navy Blue Angels flight demonstration team is more than just a group of individuals brought together to represent the United States Navy and Marine Corps. During their aerobatic demonstration, the Blues fly six F/A-18 Hornet aircraft, split into the Diamond Formation (Blue Angels 1 through 4) and the Lead and Opposing Solos (Blue Angels 5 and 6). Most of the show alternates between maneuvers performed by the Diamond Formation and those performed by the Solos. This team combines the best and brightest, at the top of their craft. Their camaraderie and chemistry assure the team mission is more than just a job – it’s a passion! Click for more information on the Blue Angels.
- S. Army Golden Knights: The United States Army Parachute Team, nicknamed “The Golden Knights,” is the U.S. Army’s official aerial demonstration team. The Team travels around the United States, performing parachute demonstrations at air shows, major league football and baseball games, and special events, connecting the Army with the American people. Click for more information on the Golden Knights.
- Aerostars: The Aerostars are a precision aerobatic demonstration team who performs in the Yak 52 TW. The Aerostars fascinate crowds with a combination of graceful aerobatics, tight formations and inverted maneuvers. The Yak-52 was originally designed as an aerobatic trainer for students in the Soviet DOSAAF training organization, which trained both civilian sport pilots and military pilots. Click for more information on the Aerostars.
- Bill Stein: Bill Stein has logged more than 5,000 hours of aerobatic and formation flights. Bill began flying aerobatics when he was still a student pilot and has been dedicated to perfecting his skills ever since. Bill’s Edge 540 is perfect for airshows not only because of Bill’s amazing air show flying routine, but also because the Bill Stein Edge 540 has a completely new and unique look. Click for more information on Bill Stein.
- Lima Lima: The Lima Lima Flight Team has performed in airshows from coast to coast, thrilling more than 100 million spectators with the beauty and grace of their precision performances. The flagship T-34 of Lima Lima’s fleet is an early A model. It was veteran of USAF and CAP before being acquired by the Mentor Flyers. Click for more information on the Lima Lima Flight Team.
- Dave Dacy/Tony Kazian Wingwalking: Whether performing a solo aerobatic routine, or with wingwalker Tony Kazian on board, the Super Stearman brings the thrill, excitement, smoke and noise of true airshow entertainment! The incredible talents and capabilities of two highly skilled professionals come together as Dave Dacy and Tony Kazian present a tremendous aerobatic wingwalking performance that is second to none. Click for more information on Dave and Tony.
- Firebirds Extreme: The Firebirds Xtreme is an internationally renowned Aerobatics team. Members Jack Knutson and Rob Holland thrill crowds from around the world with their breathtaking stunts, and precision formation flying.
- Matt Chapman: Matt flies the beautiful Embry-Riddle Eagle 580.The Mudry CAP is a well-known name in aerobatic championships. There are currently only 5 other CAP 580’s flying today. Click for more information on Matt Chapman.
- Paul Wood (A-4 Skyhawk): Wood dazzles the crowds in his A-4 Skyhawk. Developed in the early 1950s, the Marine Corps A-4 Skyhawk is a lightweight, single-engine attack aircraft. The A-4 Skyhawk was originally designated as a lightweight, daylight-only, nuclear-capable strike aircraft for use in large numbers on aircraft carriers.
Herb Hunter, a veteran voice of the Gary Air Show, is returning again this year to keep audiences informed and entertained throughout the Air Show.
For complete information about the Gary Air Show, the public can visit Gary-Airshow.com or email [email protected]. Additional information can also be found on the Air Show’s Facebook page (Keyword: Gary Airshow) and by following us on Twitter: GaryAirShow16.