As the leading cause of death for all Americans, heart disease claims 600,000 lives annually. It’s understandably frightening to be at risk for heart disease. But Purdue Extension’s Be Heart Smart program can help you fight this disease by better understanding it and gaining the necessary knowledge to make heart-smart choices.
Purdue Extension’s Be Heart Smart program is a new community program comprised of heart-health classes. It’s intended to complement healthcare providers’ re- commendations and help you, or your loved one, prevent or manage heart disease.
- Identifying and understanding risk factors for heart disease
- Guidelines for healthy cholesterol and blood pressure
- A heart-healthy eating plan, including a cooking demonstration
- Techniques for stress reduction
- Best practices for talking to healthcare providers
Join Linda Curley, Purdue Extension Lake County, Health & Human Sciences Educator, for the Be Heart Smart program. This two-session program will be February 21 & 28, 2017 from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. CST at the “new” Purdue Extension Lake County office, 2293 N. Main St., Crown Point, IN 46307.
To register or for more information, please contact Diana Cook, dmco[email protected] or call the Purdue Extension office, 219-755-3240.