By Ruthie Hawkins, BlackDoctor.org
Struggling to manage finances? Always running late? You may suffer from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, better known as ADHD. Defined as an incurable chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness; ADHD can make simple day-to-day activities a chore, place a strain on your relationships and much more.
Contrary to popular belief, ADHD is not caused by poor parenting, traumatic life experiences, video games, television, lack of physical activity, or processed foods. In fact, research shows it’s mostly a result of genetics as well as chemical, activity, structural, and communication difference found in the brain.
While the only way to know for sure is to see a doctor–as the disorder can easily be confused with depression or anxiety. If anyone has ever asked whether you have ADHD or even if you’ve wondered yourself, ask yourself the below questions to help decide whether you need to take the next step.
- Do you struggle to wrap up final details on projects at school or work?
- Do you have difficulty getting organized?
- Do you have difficulty remembering appointments or obligations?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating when people are speaking directly to you?
- Do you often interrupt others when they are busy?
- Do you have difficulty remaining seated during meetings or other situations in which you are expected to remain seated?
Read more at https://blackdoctor.org/506675/adhd-test-for-adults/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BDO%20-%205-11-18%20ADHD&utm_content=BDO%20-%205-11-18%20ADHD+CID_7926057ebae13e703149f084e0580ab4&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=The%20ADHD%20Test%20For%20Adults.